About us

Intl Students
985 211
Get JW202
Get result

Useful Information for Application of International Students


Application Deadline
The university adopts a two-semester system with the new school year beginning in earlier September. The first semester starts from early September to mid January the next year and the second semester starts from end of February to mid July.
The application deadlines for the various programs in SOEE are as follows:
Programs admitting students twice a year
Chinese as a Foreign Language (CFL) Undergraduate Program and General Chinese Training Program: before June 5 (for the first semester) or December 5 (for the second semester).
Programs admitting students once a year
M.A. and Ph.D. Programs: before May 5.
Documents to be Submitted
CFL Undergraduate Program
1. Application form, which could be downloaded from this homepage.
2. Senior high school graduation certificate. Graduation certificate in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization. Current graduates of senior high school who have not yet obtained graduation certificate when applying for the Program are required to present an formal letter from their school indicating the designated date of graduation.
3. Transcripts of senior high school. Those in languages other than Chinese of English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
4. A copy of passport (the page of photograph).
Note: Those who have studied the Chinese language for at least one semester at college in their own country or in a university in China other than Sun Yat-sen University are eligible to apply for placement to an appropriate class. Students of this category are required to present the relevant academic documents, including transcripts and HSK certificates of Band 3 or above.
General Chinese Training Program
Application form, a copy of passport and a certificate of education received.
M.A. and Ph.D. Programs
Application form, a copy of passport, certificate of graduation, certificate of degree, transcripts, research plan, personal resume, two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, and certificate of HSK.

Welcome to study at Sun Yat-sen University(中山大学)