View on mobile for fast admission

Course Application FAQs

Q: Can I begin my degree study in February?
A: It depends on which major you apply. Some degree programs only start in each September. Some non-degree programs accept students in spring semester.

Q: When does Chinese University begin school?
A: There are two semesters in China. One is Spring semester. School always starts in March. The other is Autumn semester. School always starts in September.

Q: When should I submit my application?
A: For spring semester, application always begins around end of September. For autumn semester, university begins to accept application around end of October. But admission notice may not come out so early. The university may grant acceptance letter or preadmission first.

Q: How to apply?
A: Applicants can apply through two ways:
1. We strongly suggest you to apply online and upload all documents required.
2. If you cannot apply online successfully, you can also apply through email: first download the application form, then fill the form and send it with all documents required to us via

Scholarship FAQs

Q: When can I apply Scholarships?
A: For Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Scholarship), applicants can apply from each January to March.
For Confucius Institute Scholarship, applicants can apply from each March to April.
For Provincial or University Scholarships, the application deadline varies on each university.

Q: What kind of scholarship can I apply for?
A: There are mainly 4 kinds of scholarship for international students, Chinese government scholarship, provincial government scholarship, city government scholarship and university scholarship, etc.

Q: How can I apply scholarships?
A: For Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Scholarship), please visit For other scholarship, you can get details after get admission.

Q: How can I apply for health verification and residence permit?
A: Health verification: students who are to stay in China for more than 6 months are requested to bring their passports, Admission Notice, the original Foreigner Physical Examination Form and the Blood Test Report to the local health and quarantine office within the due time to have their medical examination reports verified. Students who do not meet the requirements of the above authority will be required to re-take the medical examination. Those who refuse to re-take the medical examination or are diagnosed with diseases that are not permitted to stay in China according to the Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China.

Visa FAQs

Q: What kind of visa can I hold to enter a University?
A: Usually, a student staying in China longer than 6 months is required to hold Student Visa (X visa) to enter a university.

Q: How do I get my student visa to China?
A: Once admitted, you will receive the university’s letter of admission and JW202 form. The applicant can apply for X visa at Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in your home country.

Q; What documents are required for my visa application?
A: When applying for your visa, please remember to take along with you your valid passport, the original copy of the university’s admission notification and a Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as the JW201/JW202 form). Do make sure that your letter of admission and your JW202 form is handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa.

Q: Is the university’s admission letter enough for me to apply for my X visa?
A : No. In addition to the university’s admission letter, JW202 form is also needed.

Q: If it is too late to apply for student visa (“X” visa), how can I come to China
A: You can come to China with tourist visa (“L” visa), then apply for X visa after your arrival, but you are suggested to come to China with student visa (“X” visa) in case the university cannot help you change your tourist visa (“L” visa) to student visa (“X” visa)

Q: How much should I pay for my visa application?
A: You can ask Chinese embassy for the cost of visa application


Airport Pick-up FAQs

Q: Can I ask for the airport pick-up upon my arrival? Do I need to pay for this service?
A: Most of China’s universities offer airport pick-up service or related service to help students’ arrival. You can ask the teacher or course consultant for detail. Whether it will be charged depends on the circumstance.

Q: Can I require an airport pick-up if I arrived in late evening
A: No, if you arrived in late evening, the university teachers may have left for home, so you are suggested before the university teachers get off work. However, for some universities, they outsource this service to cooperated agents and students need to pay related service fees to book pick-up service.

Q: How can I find my way to the University when I arrived without applying for airport Pick-up?
A: The University usually will post you the university map and bus route along with the admission letter. On the other hand, you can also ask for the contact number of the person in charge of students’ arrival matters before you fly to China.

Q: What can I do if I arrived very late; are there any hotels near the airport?
A: You can stay in a hotel. There are hotels near the airport but we highly suggest you arrive in the daytime. If you have to arrive late, please remember to inform your university in advance.

Accommodation FAQs

Q: Does the university offer housing for international students?
A: Yes. The university housing is available on the basis of first come first served. Please submit your request for university housing as early as you can. Please note some of China’s universities cannot offer enough accommodation for international students and students need to rent a house off campus.

Q: What procedure should I go through for accommodation?
A: If you have reserved your accommodation in advance, please make your way to the finance office and show your passport and Letter of Acceptance (offer) to the person concerned. You may be required to pay a certain amount of dorm deposit when you make the reservation.

Q: How early can I get into the students dorm?
A: You may book the student dorm along with your application. Once being approved, you may get into the students dorm generally at least one week before the new semester starts.

Q: Can I stay off the campus?
A: It depends. For undergraduates, most of China Universities prefer students stay on campus. For postgraduates, provided you apply first, fill in the student living off campus application form, and have the approval of the dean in charge. Students who live off campus should register with local police and then inform the student office within a week of living at their new address. Students who live off campus should be responsible for their own safety, property and any other problematic matters. Please note for some universities, undergraduate students are not allowed to live off campus.

Q: How can I deal with the accommodation after arriving in China if I don’t speak Chinese?
A: Applications for accommodation should be made to the universities before coming to China. Generally there are teachers who can speak English available during your arrival at the accommodation. Once again, you are suggested to ask for the contact number of the person in charge of student service before you come to China.

Registration FAQs

Q: What is the registration procedure?
A: All students have to register on their designated day of registration. Students must bring the following documents and register at the International Students Office of the University.
1. Offer letter (original copy)
2. Visa Application for Study in China form/JW202 form (original copy)
3. Physical examination record and blood test reports
4. Valid Passport
5. Photos in passport size (at least 6 copies)
6. Academic documents you have provided at the time of admission (Photo copies)

Q: What do I need to do to get my student ID, ID for library, ID for student’s service?
A: You may apply for student ID and Campus Card at the University, usually the campus card will offer you access to library and dining hall. Generally you will be informed by related person to deal with card application.

Q: Can I pay my tuition and other fees by credit card?
A: It depends on different universities. Most of China universities can only accept payment in cash or Union Pay Card if you pay on arrival. If you pay before arrive to China, you may use credit card or other international payment method.

Q: How do I apply for Residence Permit?
A: Students who will be studying in China for more than 6 months and who possess a Student Visa/’X’ Visa must apply for a Residence Permit within the first 30 days of their arrival. To apply for the Residence Permit, students must first submit the following documents to the Wuhan University:
i. Student ID card
ii. Valid passport and Student Visa/ ‘X’ Visa
iii. Health Certificate certified by the local Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.
iv. Foreign Students Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202)
v. Original admission letter from the University
vi. 2 Passport photos
vii. Valid proof of students’ housing arrangement/Accommodation Certificate from the local police station. (Not required for the students living on-campus)

Next, students are required to collect the ‘Visa and Residence Permit Form’ from the University when all the above documents are given back to you by the office. Finally, students must submit all the above documents including the ‘Visa and Residence Permit Form to the local Municipal Public Security Bureau to obtain their Residence Permit. Normally it takes 5 workdays to get the Residence Permit back. But during the peak season of registration i.e. September, you may get your passport with the Residence Permit back in over a month.