Tianjin Normal University (TNU), founded in 1958, was originally named Tianjin Teachers College and given the present name in June 1982. In April 1999, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, Tianjin Municipal Committee of the CPC and Tianjin Municipal Government decided to found the new Tianjin Normal University by integrating the old Tianjin Normal University, Tianjin Teachers' Training Academy, and Tianjin Educational Institute. Approved by Tianjin Municipal Government in Mar. 2003, the construction project of the new campus of TNU was officially initiated. The new campus covers an area of 3,690 mu, with an overall planning area of 680,000 square meters. The first phase of the project which consists of a building area of 350,000 square meters is now finished and put to use.
TNU now has 23 colleges, 1 independent college, 49 research institutes, and 87 specialties for undergraduates (including 56 specialties ..View more